Technology purchases of computer hardware and software should be discussed with COE Technology Services before an order is placed. This is to ensure that the purchase is compatible with other University software and equipment and meets pre-established minimum hardware configuration and quality requirements. COE Technology Services may not be able to support hardware or software items that do not meet standards.
If you are not sure whether or not your intended purchase is a technology purchase, please contact COE Technology Services before purchasing. The following are considered technology purchases:
- Computers, printers, scanners, flat screens, projectors, etc.
- Computer software
- Most electronic equipment, audio recording equipment, digital cameras, etc.
- Any wireless device including smart phones and networking equipment
- Any peripheral that attaches to a computer
By discussing and coordinating your intended purchase with COE Technology Services, you are assured the best:
- Price. COE Technology Services has contracts with suppliers such as Hewlett Packard, CDW, and PDS.
- Compatibility. COE Technology Services can assure you that your purchase will work with existing and future purchases.
- Software license contracts. COE Technology Services has multiple software licensing contracts and may already have the software you are looking for or can obtain the software at reduced prices.
- Installation. COE Technology Services will be able to schedule installation of your new equipment and can prepare special wiring or network connections prior to the arrival of the equipment.
- Extended warranties. COE Technology Services maintains warranties and can schedule warranty service. HP computers should have four year, on-site warranties.
- Maintenance and service of hardware. COE Technology Services has contracts with various vendors for service and maintenance of equipment.
- Maintenance of software licenses. COE Technology Services maintains maintenance contracts on most software and obtains the latest software version when it is released.
- Adopting specific software for student use. COE Technology Services maintains the student computer lab and the classroom computers. If you want students to use specific software, contact COE Technology Services to discuss your options.