The Opus College of Engineering curriculum reflects engineering education in the 21st century. This includes using the latest computer technologies in both teaching and learning to prepare students for a future increasingly defined by digital technology and team-based work-spaces. As a result, all engineering students are required to have a laptop computer.
Most engineering students will use advanced engineering software that requires additional computing resources. Marquette Engineering IT staff have worked with Dell and Paragon Development Systems (PDS) to offer pre-configured laptops with educational discounts.
Laptop Purchase Program
Most Opus College of Engineering students will use advanced engineering software that requires additional computing resources. Students may order college recommended laptops from Dell at www.dell.com/marquette or HP & Lenovo laptops through Paragon Development Systems (PDS) at www.pdspc.com/marquette. Both companies offer educational discounts and 4-year next-business day on-site warranty service standard. Dell’s ProSupport Plus warranty includes accidental damage protection for no additional cost. Please order your laptop before July 1, 2020. Delivery may take 4-6 weeks.
Engineering Recommended Laptops – 2020
All of these laptops will meet the engineering software hardware requirements. You may select among this list of laptops given your preferences on screen size, budget, manufacturer and warranty. All of these laptop models are recommended for purchase at educational discounted prices:
If you would like to compare laptop models and specifications, please review the following:
Please order your laptop before July 1, 2020. Delivery may take 4-6 weeks.
Laptop System Minimum Requirements
- Processor: Minimum of quad-core with hyper-threading (HT) or simultaneous multi-threading (SMT) or six-core without HT/SMT
- AMD Ryzen 7 3000/4000-series, or Intel Core i5/i7 9000-series recommended
- See the Processor Selection Guide for more details
- Operating System: Laptops must have Windows 10 installed
- Most engineering software will not run on MacOS
- Memory: 16 GB RAM or greater
- Hard Drive: 512 GB or greater solid state hard drive or greater
- Network: Either Wi-Fi 5 (802.11 AC) or Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)
- Warranty: 4 year on-site warranty with accidental damage highly recommended
- Other: Portable mouse, laptop security cable, CAT-6 Ethernet cable (with USB to Ethernet adapter) and 32 GB USB thumb drive also recommended
Computer Support Policy
The College of Engineering offers students basic computer support to assist with the installation of required engineering software applications. Support is limited to Windows 10 operating systems. On Apple computers, students with more advanced technology experience may install Windows within a Bootcamp environment. However, due to the nature and complexity of operating systems, the computer support staff does not assist with Windows installations on Apple computers. Students are encouraged to contact their course instructors for assistance using the engineering software.
To request assistance with engineering software installations, please contact the COE Help Desk at 414-288-5140 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. In-person support is offered to students at the COE Technology Services office, Engineering Hall room 254.